We are currently seeking an Embedded S/W Engineer to work as part of a team working on various commercial projects from initial concept stage through to implementation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join an expanding team of professionals within a growing business.
- Design, development, testing and improvement of embedded software.
- Capture and development of requirements for embedded software.
- Creation of technical documentation for technical and non-technical readership.
- Degree in an appropriate subject OR extensive, relevant and demonstrable experience.
- Considerable experience of working with and developing embedded software.
- Considerable experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (Ethernet, RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, H.264, MPEG4, etc.)
- Experience of writing reusable code in a modular structure within a shared source environment.
- Linux Experience
- Embedded C experience
- Willingness to travel. (NB this role is mainly office-based, but occasional business trips may be required)
- Experience and understanding of developing software within an ISO 9001 organization.
- Understanding of hardware architecture.
- Ability to create high-quality technical documentation.
- Experience of microprocessor embedded system design and hardware fault finding skills.
- Experience of system design for audio and video applications.
- Experience of common design methods, tools and techniques
- Experience of investigating and progressing client requirements to a saleable product within budget and timescale.
- Experience of Assembler level programming
- Knowledge of C++, .NET, C#
- Experience of object oriented methods
- Knowledge of applicable rail standards (e.g. EN50128, EN50155, RIA12/13)
- Knowledge of Subversion
- Analytical and systematic individual
- Desire to investigate and utilise new technologies and methods.
- Ability to adapt skills in a dynamic environment
- Team player, able and willing to support others.
- Ability to work on single-person projects and tasks,
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Customer and result-focussed