In addition, you will provide support to the operation and service teams in the development of a commissioning plan and completion of all commissioning activities. You will also support the design team with the review and checking of designs produced by others within the team, as well as by external consultants or contractors.
- Developing 2D / 3D CAD layouts and visuals
- Building environmental modelling using industry software applications
- Carrying out Dynamic Thermal Simulations and Summertime Overheating Assessments
- Carrying out Part L Calculations
- Preparing applications for incoming utilities
- Reviewing Low Carbon Design Solutions
- Reviewing Performance Specifications
Assisting with full Building Services Design requirements such as:
- Domestic Services
- Fire Detection/Smoke Control
- Liaising with our Project Installation Teams
- Liaising with suppliers and specialist sub-contractors
- Preparing Technical Submission Documents
Who We're Looking for:
Candidates must be well presented, articulate and be able to communicate in a confident and professional manner. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team but should also be selfmotivated and able to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
At trainee level candidates must hold a minimum of 3 A level passes, at Grade B or above, in Maths, Physics, or similar numerate/science subjects, and have a GCSE at Grade C or above in English. They should also be IT proficient.
Candidates looking for a more senior position should hold an appropriate HNC / HND / Degree level engineering qualification and be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge, and proven track record, of the design of building services within either a contracting or consultancy environment.
If you are interested in this role then please contact our consultant Tom Parkes