The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical estimating within the business working alongside the mechanical estimator. It is an ideal opportunity for an individual to head up their own department to build over the coming years. The successful candidate will receive a salary and bonus correlated to the work they secure for the business. The business currently prices projects between the value of £1million to £10million with the intention to grow from this level.
The company has existing clients, however they want to build on this and would require the person that fills this position to demonstrate that they are able to bring new clients to the business to help its growth over the next few years.
- Preparing estimates utilising computer aided systems including input of data.
- Accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects.
- Thorough and efficient
- Pro-active and approachable, lead by example
- Wide supplier and subcontractor knowledge
- Understanding of associated Electrical services
- Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially sound
- Attending site surveys and liaising with all other departments, suppliers and specialist subcontractors to tender submission stage.
- Attending and contributing at tender stage/strategy design innovation meetings.
- Producing summary sheet's/associated documents and presentation of the package for tender adjudication to meet customer's deadlines.
- Keeping a close relationship with the supply chain to negotiate low prices and confirm accurate costs are created to include within our bids.
- Issuing/updating tender documents via an electronic control system
- Willing and able to work as part of a team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment
- Preparing post-tender reports and attending mid and post-tender interviews.
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with Company QA policies.
- Working in an integrated M&E team
- Experience of Estimating Software such as Luckins or similar
- 17th Edition latest amendment wiring regulations certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- A Clean Driving License
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be flexible with working times