My client are a leading steel engineering company, supporting successful projects across the Southeast of England from its base in West London. They design, manufacture and assemble European CE Marked structural steelwork for construction industry projects of all sizes.
They looking for the following qualifications and experience for a steel detailer to be employed full time:
- Excellent knowledge of steel design & steel connection details
- Experience of producing architectural metalwork's and structural steel's fabrication drawings using Tekla is essential. Knowledge of other software (Revit) would be beneficial, not required.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineerings' and Architecst' drawings and understand and able to deliver the information from Structural Steel specification into the fabrication drawing.
- Ability to liaise competently with Engineers & Architects and manage the flow of technical information on the project is essential.
- Ability to work as a team to ensure every project is a success. Works will involve co-ordination with Commercial, Project, Production and Site Department.
- Ability to work from site measurements and produce fabrication drawings from those measurements. Liaising with ASME site engineer/team to close out/clarify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage number of projects at any given time by prioritising projects based on site dates and production needs. Very keen and eager to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings is essential. Knowledge of ISO 9001, CE Marking BS EN 1090 and PAS 1192-2 will be desirable.
- Able to work to company’s' procedure and ensure the flow of information and document controlling is maintained to high level.
- Design Review Meeting with Project managers to review the Specification, Tender drawings, Site surveys & Connection calculations.
- Raise RFI's following the review meeting and the initial modelling for any design discrepancies, clashes, missing information to the responsible parties involved and maintain the RFI register.
- Track correspondence with Client's Structural Engineer, ASME's Structural Engineer and project Managers and file on system
- Keep track of all the variation and maintain the variation record sheets with supporting evidence and data for the Commercial team to access
- Maintain organised project design folders with all revisions clearly labelled to show the current issues.
- Raise and control document registers. Document control (drawings, calculations, RFI, variation) of high standard is vital. Maintain hard copy file.