Are you an accomplished Data Analyst with experience of operating & managing Multiple large projects?
Are you experienced in any of the following tools Tableau, Alteryx or a similar ETL?
Do you originate from a statistics or similar background
This is a long term ongoing project, and the client is looking to work with someone who can develop and improve their data interpretation and then have positive impact throughout the business. This is a real opportunity to mould and influence company direction at a very exciting time for them.
The client is looking to speak with people who fully understand big data, and data analysis and have an ability to manage multiple projects / initiatives at the same time and have an ability to demonstrate success at this across multiple fronts. You will also be a good mentor and like helping other people within the team understand and develop their own understanding of data analysis
This role focuses predominantly on engineering data and engineering test analytics, looking at how we can gain insights from a wide variety of sources in order to make engineering processes more efficient. Key drivers in this area are improving first time pass rates, reducing rework both process and engine and extrapolation of data to generate confidence in scenario generation. A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous would be beneficial, as would principles of data indexing and management.
The principal responsibility of the Senior Data Scientist is to move from being an individual contributor on analytic teams to acting as the technical lead on such teams. He or she will participate on cross-functional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor Junior Data Scientists on the technical approaches being used in order to solve a problem presented by the Business Unit, Service Organization, a Dealer, or a Customer.
The Senior Data Scientist will:
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems. Ideally will have a strong background in mathematics and / or statistics.
- Coach and mentor other Information Scientists in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions that add business value
- Work with Process Owners within Engineering to develop long term project plans that enable that support the delivery of Inline 6, Lean methodology and the Engineering strategy.
- Manage and represent the short to medium term project portfolio for Engineering analytics
- - Lead 3-4 projects concurrently
- Demonstrate awareness of standard business processes and an ability to quickly understand Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc. Analytics insights often come from bringing data from different disciplines together, and the ability to understand the broader business context is key.
- Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations. Have a strong focus on continual learning in Analytics as this is a rapidly developing field.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people and change management; enhancing the team's creativity; maintaining knowledge of approaches used in similar projects; and pushing the technical bounds of experimentation while meeting customer commitments. The Senior Data Scientist acts as overall technical lead for the team in establishing a sound analytic approach for solving the problem at hand. The incumbent will develop good networks within the technical community to enable them to collaborate on technical solutions, obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their team.
The Senior Data Scientist reports to an Information and Analysis Supervisor and bears primary responsibility for solving the business problem presented through applied analytics.
The Senior Data Scientist demonstrates thorough statistical and/or digital technology knowledge and the ability to solve low to medium complexity problems. He or she demonstrates very good communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods. As the first Senior technical analytic position, they are not expected to have previous experience leading teams, but they should exhibit strong communications, a penchant for innovation, above average initiative, people development, and interpersonal skills.
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and 5-10 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis is required,
Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages. Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages is beneficial. Ability to code, R or Python preferred. Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.