Data Analyst required to work permanently in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
This person will be responsible for the analysis, assessment and reporting of Vibration and Shock data using specialist software. Other duties include leading the Data Analysis team supporting data gathering trials; and preparing data from the analysis into Excel spreadsheets plus writing technical reports.
All applicants must have a Degree in Engineering, and ideally have a PRINCE2 qualification.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
· Good in mathematics
· Experience in understanding data analysis and research functions
· Knowledge of data quality
· Working understanding of measurements methodology and reporting tools
· A good knowledge of the current statistical methods
· A solid understanding of appropriate data sources
Required Skills and Personal Qualities:
· Effective man management
· Effective time management
· Efficient organisational skills.
· Excellent customer liaison skills.
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with an ability to interact comfortably, both internally and externally
· Ability to work autonomously
· Excellent spreadsheet and report writing skills
· Strong data analysis skills, and use of MS-Access and MS-Excel
· Competency with Matlab an advantage
· Having an ability to create reports to a high standard
· Ability to deliver accurate, relevant and timely information based on solid research
Salary is £28K to £32K, and will require occasional working away from home