- Work with development partner teams to gather, develop and document the control system feature requirements
- Create sub-system control strategies and software models using Matlab and Simulink. Evolve the models during the programme to deliver agreed, staged functionality.
- Coordinate with the Worldwide software development team to deliver to the customer need dates.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during the build and test of engines in development labs. Interface with our process partner to implement solutions to affected users.
- Occasionally conduct control system tuning/calibration activities on test bench, or on engine, to achieve the desired system performance.
- Participate in system/software FMEAs
- Good technical skills
- Problem solving, analysis and decision making - able to evaluate the pros and cons in order to reach the most appropriate technical solution
- Innovation - takes a creative approach to forming new product features
- Managing Work/Information Monitoring - capable of successfully meeting the assigned deliverables
- Focus on Quality - uses quality processes to develop robust solutions and minimise defects
- Initiating Action - Identifies issues at an early point and take prompt action to resolve problems
- Ability to work within a global development team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role would suit an experienced engineer.
- Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Software, Electronics/Electrical or Automotive Engineering.
- Familiarity of Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow) for model based software design and development to create embedded software.
- Able to develop software model solutions to customer requirements.
- Able to actively participate in software FMEAs and related activities.
- Understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers)
- Understanding of engine control related aspects of engine subsystems ( eg fuel, air system, after treatment)
- Experience of control software processes and tools
- Able to use electronic system calibration tools e.g. Vector CANape to record data and alter controller parameters.
- Experience of dSPACE HiL testers and ability to programme automated tests and reporting.
- Able to use Clearcase/GIT
- Experience of J1939 datalinks
- Able to use Teamcentre Systems Engineering (TcSE)