The pay rate is £33/hr Umbrella (or £25/hr PAYE).
The Product Compliance Engineer is responsible for applying regulatory compliance processes to for products used on Construction Vehicles.
Responsibilities include certification of the equipment in accordance with regional and local regulations.
- Obtain all required certifications globally, most notably European CE certification and Great Britain UKCA certification.
- Maintain existing approvals/certifications.
- Establish and execute on required Functional Safety documentation.
- Develop processes to manage/monitor supplier provided certifications.
- Act as a single point of contact between product group, Product Compliance & Support [PC&S], and any 3rd party agency/notified body.
- Place all supporting compliance documents and maintain them in a secure location with correct retention schedule.
- Request PC&S approval for listing product as compliant to specific regulations.
- Provide NPI support/feedback for compliant machine/component design.
- Participate in NPI team meetings.
- Approve Engineering Change Order for all prints that impact product compliance / product safety.
- Provide design support during construction/commissioning phase.
- Work across functions (with various internal groups) to establish and achieve cost reduction & timely delivery.
- Educate and train colleagues on relevant technical regulations that apply to their product.
- Interface with colleagues to drive a common corporate wide regulatory strategy moving forward.
- Organize overseas inspection trips for inspectors and accompany them.
- Arrange review meetings, product test, site-inspection and factory inspection with officials, test centre inspectors and customers.
All candidates require previous experience as a Product Compliance Engineer.
At least 5 years of technical knowledge background such as experience in design, engineering, manufacturing and service of electrical equipment.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Able to read, understand, discuss and make necessary design change on drawings, manuals, technical documents etc.
Knowledge of regional safety mark compliance processes, most notably European CE and Great Britain UKCA marking processes are highly desired.
Knowledge of International Standards, plus Export Law and Regulations.
Base knowledge and ability to learn Functional Safety concepts as related to Construction Vehicles is desirable.