|Job Title:||Compliance Engineer|
|Salary:||£30 - £34 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 17:05|
Certification Engineer required for a 12 months contract in Shoreham, West Sussex
Candidate require previous relevant Certification experience (ideally gained in the Oil & Gas or Marine sector).
The role is to conduct the certification of manufactured engineering products (engines) which are used in Oil & Gas, Petro Chem, Marine & similar environments.
This role may also suit a Compliance Engineer, Approvals Engineer, Validation Engineer or Verification Engineer.
Pay rate is up to £34/hr depending upon experience and qualifications.
• Work as a member of the technical governance team to assess and guide design taking into account current and future regulations.
• Support NPI projects to deliver fully completed Technical Construction Files.
• Work with design and application engineers to ensure project certification documentation is compiled and submitted to certification bodies on time.
• Coordinate the certification activities with specific certification bodies to ensure feedback and change requests are completed in appropriate timescales.
• Contribute to project execution as the certification expert to ensure project scopes are achievable.
• Work with certification bodies to develop partnership relationships in terms of cost, scope, and timescale.
1. Work with design and applications engineers to define certification requirements for each project.
2. Establish and maintain a certification planning tool to monitor current certification activities
3. Plan and execute certification activities to ensure that products are maintained to the most recent level of applicable standards
4. Working with design engineers, ensure certification documents are compiled to correct standard and timescale for submission to the certification body.
5. Liaise with designated certification body in regard to allocation of resources, submission of documentation, and routine progress chasing to ensure certification activities are completed on-time.
6. Routinely feedback progress of projects to the Engineering Manager, particularly outlining issues which need particular attention.
7. Maintenance of certification filing system - both paper and electronic in line with company/legal requirements.
8. For new projects, supporting quotation and project planning activities to ensure certification aspects are included and are achievable.
9. Establishing partnership relationships with certification bodies (new and existing) to ensure costs and service levels are maintained within the company's requirements.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant industrial experience and qualifications in mechanical engineering essential - preferably within, but not limited to, the Oil & Gas or power generation
• In depth Knowledge of one or more European Directives is essential (in particular ATEX and MACHINERY)
• Understanding of the CE marking process and experience in assessing designs to meet legal requirements under the CE marking directive
• Work experience within a notified body would be advantageous (e.g. SIRA, TUV, DMV or Bureau Veritas)
• Proven broad-minded approach to the job driving thinking outside the box and Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge of the Risk Assessment process desirable
• Able to perform detailed clause to clause assessment to standards to assess and guide designs in alignment with applicable standards
• Knowledge of BS EN 1834; BS EN 13463 and of the EN 60079 series of standards would be a great benefit
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £39000 per annum
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Software Development Engineer
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Supplier Quality Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Graduate Electronics Engineer
£32000 - £35000 per annum