Our client is currently looking for Commercial and Domestic Gas Engineer to cover South East area. Candidate must be based near Watford, Hertfordshire area.
Principal Responsibilities -
- To undertake repair, servicing and installation of gas fired and oil fired boilers/appliances, in accordance to the current regulations, manufactures recommendations and industry standards.
- Service, inspection or repair of ancillary boiler plant i.e. gas boosters, oil pumps, oil tanks, gas meters, pressurisation units, F&E tanks, pumps, valves, safety devices, flues, ventilation and controls.
- Attend regular approved training centres to renew or add gas and oil cores to keep or improve Gas Safe and OFTEC registration.
- Produce reports following service visits along with any certification required.
- Provide customers with technical support or assistance.
- Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the company.
The ideal candidate will have the following –
- GCSE Grade D or above in English Language & Maths
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3, or ONC building services
- An experienced mechanical/electrical building services engineer, with current Gas Safe or OFTEC cores on commercial heating appliances.
- A working knowledge of boilers, controls and associated plant and systems, with a minimum experience of 5 years (to work along the side of engineer with key cores above).
- An understanding of plant/electrical drawings.
- Computer Literate in Word, Excel, and any building services computer package software.
- A full clean driving licence.