Our Client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,500 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years. Building types include:
- Police Stations and Offices
- Fire Stations and offices
- Office buildings
- Vehicle Workshops
- Residential Homes and Nursing Care Units
- Historic Buildings
We are seeking conscientious and enthusiastic Carpenter Multi Trade with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. Trades persons must have relevant qualifications and broad commercial experience in their core trades with additional experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS and Barring check.
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of maintenance and repairs services ensuring a controlled and safe environment whilst working effectively and in a timely manner and balancing constantly changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to the work are:
- Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trades related repair requests.
- To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest possible standards at all times.
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
- Keep the customer up to date with progress and plans.
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever
- possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Resource Controller and /or Supervisor.
- Apply applicable Health & Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
- Maintain tools, plant and equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition.
- Maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence as necessary.
- Ask your Supervisor/Contract Manager for assistance when required.
- Be willing to work out of hours to the requirements of the client and participate on the call out rota
- Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Fleet Manager in a timely manner.
Typical Repair Types
- Repairs to internal and external walls
- Repairs to windows and glazing
- Joinery and carpentry repairs including locks, fire door repairs and replacements
- Internal finishes and decorations
- Working in traditional and historic materials
The repairs will generally be of value £1 - £3,500 and will be small scale reactive work. Examples would be:
- Replacement or repair of broken/faulty door ironmongery.
- Replacement of single and double doors, frames and locks
- Wall and floor tiling
- Consequential making good after leaks etc.
- Patch plastering
- Manhole cover replacement
- Replacement or repairs to toilet pans, syphons, cisterns or seats and waste systems
- Screed repairs
- Paving repairs (cold lay tarmac, block paving, paving slabs).
This is not a list of everything you will do, above all we want you to be flexible and to contribute fully within abilities to enable Mountjoy to achieve its goals so be prepared to do whatever your job requires.
- A trade specific qualification minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Carpentry
- Must be able to show evidence of 2 other secondary skills
- Full clean current driving licence.
- An Enhanced DBS and Barring check is required before commencement of role
- PASMA trained
- CSCS Certificate
- Over 3 years trade experience, ideally in the commercial repairs sector.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact our consultant Tom Parkes.