Responsible to: CAD Manager
Responsible for producing Mechanical and Electrical drawings as assigned by the CAD/BIM Manager whilst working to deadlines within the CAD team to produce high quality Building Services Drawings.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Production of Mechanical and Electrical drawings using hand mark ups from preliminary status through Tender, Construction and as installed.
- Working to project deadlines.
- Co-ordination between Architectural, Structural, and Building Services Drawings.
- Completion of a variety of drawings including: Layout plans, Sections, Elevations, Details and Schematics.
- Liaison with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
- Builderswork production of detailed dimension drawings.
- Taking responsibility for electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk.
- Issuing of drawings to Engineers and amending drawings to Engineers specifications.
- Organise all internal and external printing runs.
- Create xrefs for project use.
- Uploading drawings to websites such as BIW.
- Using a variety of technical software including: AutoCAD, Excel, Autodesk 360, Word, BIW/Buzzsaw.
- Have a Mechanical understanding including: Domestics, Heating, Drainage, Ventilation, Gas, Compressed Air, Utilities and Plant Layouts.
- Have an Electrical understanding: Lighting, Controls, Power, Fire Alarm, Containment, Lighting Protection, CCTV and Security.
- Checking own work adhere's to BSD CAD standards, using the CAD QA checklist.
- Previous experience of producing AutoCAD M&E services drawings for new builds and refurbishment projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines.
- IT literate ability to use AutoCAD essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Revit MEP training would be advantageous.
This position is office based but does require flexibility to travel and hours can also be flexible
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact our consultant Tom Parkes