This role is a hybrid role which will involve working half the time onsite in Wales, and half the time from home.
This is envisaged to be 2-3 days per week onsite each week, depending on the home location of the successful candidate.
This will be discussed and agreed prior to commencement of the contract.
This role is inside IR35, so payment will be either PAYE or Umbrella (FCSA accredited).
Pay rate is £345 per day Umbrella, or £250 per day PAYE.
The role will require a holistic approach to design engineering, taking into account factors such as safety, cost and ease of manufacture.
- Produce design solutions including concepts, packaging and platform installation design
- Integrity of the design solution, including safety
- Supporting the design process during the project lifecycle
- CAD Alignment to BoM at Platform Level
- BoM management at Platform level
- Embodiment of Engineering Design Changes
- Ensure the installation design solutions fulfil the vehicle requirements
- Preparation of material for internal and external design reviews
- Effectively communicate design options & constraints to the Lead Engineer
- Proficient user of Pro Engineer Wildfire 4 / Creo / Creo 3
- Proficient user of Windchill PDMLink
- Design and development of mechanical components and systems
- Produce detail design drawings
- BoM management and maintenance
- Military Vehicle design (desirable)
- Experience of working within a defence orientated industry (desirable)
- Knowledge of standards relating to defence work e.g., Defence Standards (desirable)