My client within the manufacturing market are looking for a Buyer with a knowledge of sheet metal, machining and fabrications, who will be responsible for the order and control of parts for specified areas. You will help identify areas for cost saving, sourcing and negotiating with new and existing suppliers, achieving cost reductions, supply initiatives and improving supplier performances.
Overview of the Buyer role
The key responsibilities of the Buyer will be to liaise with suppliers on a daily basis to ensure suppliers are delivering on time and on cost, improving supplier performances, identify areas and negotiate cost savings, sourcing, help with the administration within the purchasing team and help manage the delivery and flow of parts and services. The successful candidate must have a knowledge of sheet metal, machining and fabrications and have an understanding of engineering and technical drawings.
Key skills required for the Material Buyer
- Must have a knowledge of fabricated products, sheet metal and machining
- Must have an understanding/be able to read engineering and technical drawings
- Must have working knowledge within Engineering and manufacturing markets
- Must have a proven track record of incurring cost savings and achieving results with purchasing teams
- Ability to perform to demanding deadlines.
- Experience with Sage
- Fantastic people and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly follow instructions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be a pro- active and confident individual, eager to develop their skills within the purchasing department
- Displays enthusiasm for the work
- Strong organisation Skills
If you feel you match the specification please click apply to be considered.