My client based near Heathrow is looking for a Building Services Supervisor. This is a key role within the facilities department Upholding safe environment to all departments of the Removal Centre, Short Term Holding Facility and Customs & Excise Suite.
- To carry out routine preventative maintenance and repairs to items of plant apparatus.
- Carry out general tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager or their delegates.
- Occasionally be required to supervise and assist other maintenance team members when required or as directed by the Facilities Manager or their delegated parties.
- To be a key member of the facility team that maintains the operational requirements of all departments within the Centre.
- To be a key member of the facilities call out team. Ensuring the call out rota runs effectively.
- To carry out routine planned preventative maintenance and reactive repairs
- Required to attend urgent call outs outside of normal hours to undertake damage limitation, shut down or repairs.
- Familiarise yourself with the operation and maintenance of the various systems and equipment installed in the whole of the premises.
- To carry out all duties assigned in a safe manner, observing all statutory regulations and the local regulations.
- To carry out investigations into the performance of the plant and equipment installed in the facility and to produce related reports.
- To maintain records of tools and report this as required
- Ability to carry out diagnostic investigations and work on own initiative
- To assist and lead the other members of the maintenance team with their activities as may be required
- Maintaining reports, records and log books required within the building Health and
- Safety file, statutory obligations and as determined within the contract.
- To help with the day to day running of a small team of mobile engineers, ensuring routine visits are on schedule and effectively managed
- To source and cost for the supply of parts, for both in house and mobile engineers
Qualifications & Experience
- Computer literate (Word and Excel).
- Recognised Training within engineering/ building service field
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of health and safety
- Worked within an engineering/building services discipline together with proven experience within building maintenance, which will include PPM, Reactive maintenance and Service Level Agreements.
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship.