My client requires a Bid Manager to further strengthen their team and in doing this, would like to recruit on a permanent basis an experienced Bid Manager to provide support to meet the companies and customers needs.
- Support all of the activities within the Sales and Marketing function from marketing campaigns, through the bidding process to contract negotiation/award and subsequent customer liaison and support
- Play a part in building upon business levels with the external customer base
- Bid manager for proposals to existing and prospective new customers, Co-ordinating costing inputs in conjunction with the programme bid manager
- Arranging and conducting meetings with Customers with respect to all aspects of bidding and securing new contracts, including pre and post bid submission and contract negotiations
- Ensuring that bids to and orders from customers are contractually sound
- Managing the requirements of key customers obtaining feedback on business performance, identify opportunities and generate capture plans for significant prospects.
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with both internal colleagues and external customers at all levels
- Ability to competently conduct meetings/presentations at all levels
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of contractual matters and be willing to develop this competency
- Able to develop a sound understanding of internal and external customer bid processes.
- Experience in bidding for engineering/manufacturing contracts would be an advantage