The role will require close liaison and working with a wide range of other organisations including other ILS discipline teams, Technical / Engineering, the Customer and Equipment Suppliers.
Activities include the research, preparation and production of Technical information to support the MRA4 platform. In addition to these activities, the successful applicant will also be responsible for the following:-
- Researching, preparing, producing, provisioning and subsequent maintaining of technical documentation/data for a wide range of aircraft in-service operation and maintenance activities (data is produced in SGML to a variety of international specifications and/or national MoD/DoD specifications).
- Liaising with all aspects of engineering through the interaction with engineering personnel and/or the interrogation of contributory engineering databases.
- Liaising, supporting and advising to equipment suppliers and participation with verification of the product.
- Working alongside technical illustrators in the creation of new and amended illustrations.
- Increasing involvement with the LSA (logistical support analysis) and Material Support elements of Support Engineering.
- Configuration control of all published data and auditable job trails.
- Responsible for the production and amendment of the appropriate information ensuring that all data is produced in accordance with contractual requirements and in line with the agreed program and budgets.
- Applicants should be proficient at verbal and written communication and must have knowledge of aircraft mechanical and electrical systems, with the ability to effectively research source data through liaison with System Design Engineers, Flight Operations staff, etc. As delivery to our Customer is via Interactive Electronic Technical Publications, experience of modern electronic production tool-sets, including Standard Generalised Mark-up Language and/or CGM, together with an appreciation of Web-oriented delivery techniques would be of advantage.
- Training will be provided for specific system used in the production of Initial Provisioning information on the MRA4 platform.
- Ideally will have spent time in the RAF having gained Aircraft servicing experience with good working knowledge of the following systems:-
- Communications: HF, V/UHF, SHF SATCOM.
- Nav Aids: TACAN, ILS, ADF, INS/GPS, RAD ALT, DME, IFF/TCAS, GPWS, Radar.
- Indicating and Recording: Cockpit/Flight Deck Displays, ADR/CVR, Maintenance
- Management Systems.
- Armaments/Stores Management System.
- Integration of Mission Systems.