An excellent opportunity has come up for an Antenna Design Engineer. You will be working on cutting edge products providing Microwave and RF antenna and electronic design support to the Antenna Systems Group. The products are designed for air, land and sea to high specifications and with new products coming through you will be involved in exciting technical challenges. As part of company you will be in contact with a variety of internal and external customers, so you will need to have excellent communication skills. On occasions you may need to travel on company business.
We are looking for someone who has a professional attitude to the Engineering design process. A sound understanding of systems engineering principles would be advantageous.
As an Antenna Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Antenna design
- Microwave and RF electronic design
- PCB layout
- Antenna and circuit simulation
- System level design, including concept development, requirements capture, development and verification within a defined budget and timescale
As an Antenna Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A solid theoretical underpinning in electromagnetic and circuit theory
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
- Familiarity with one or more electromagnetic solvers (for example CST MWS, FEKO, HFSS)
- Familiar with RF test and measurement equipment such as Vector Network Analysers and Spectrum Analysers
- Antenna design and active / passive RF and Microwave circuit design experience would be advantageous
What the client will be looking for in you:
You will need to be adaptable enough to become involved in a number of aspects of the work the team performs, encompassing a variety of antenna and RF electronics expertise. You should be comfortable working both alone and as part of a team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking a variety of design led projects