Temporary contract for 6 months, with the possibility of extension or move to perm
Working on site in Clevedon
MUST have experience in a Technical / Engineering role before
MUST have SAP experience
Pay rate is up to £14.50 PAYE per hour.
Provide support to Project Leaders, Managers and all levels within the Engineering and Projects Team; this will be a flexible admin type role, and the nature of the support tasks will be varied, but could include:
Organise meetings and record actions and minutes. Responsibility will also include progress chasing recorded actions
To improve data validation activities, to ensure quality output from Engineering. This would include close interaction with a variety of teams, with primary focus on PDM-M and PDM-E (SAP data).
- Support the effectivity of the Engineering Change (EC) and Permit process, with specific responsibility to:
- Progress chase ECs (look at throughput, chase for approvals, highlight issues or roadblocks found)
- Coordinate with Project Leaders / Engineers and Operations to support the raising and management of Permits
- Monitor open Permits and progress chase their associated ECs
- Interrogation of SAP data
- Help with activities such as non-production part requests and partnering with the Warehouse Team to get parts out of stores to Engineers.
- Support for builds that Engineering are responsible for / involved in i.e. Beta and pre-production builds, First of Kind builds (interrogating production schedules, SAP interrogation, raising and managing required permits, raising ereqs). If experience allow, there could be opportunity to assist with prototype builds of systems.
- Help with the smooth running of important business processes such as Product Commercialisation Process (PCP), Engineer To Order (ETO) process, which could involve assisting creating deliverable documentation or chasing approval for deliverables.
- Responsibility could extend to identifying areas for improvement and assisting with writing procedures or training material to support the smooth running of the department.
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 2 years' experience as an administrator or clerk, in a technical, engineering or manufacturing environment - Essential
- Previous experience using SAP - Essential.
- An excellent working knowledge and recent products, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets). Experience of complex data interrogation in Excel would be ideal.
- Enjoy working to deadlines.
- You will have accuracy & attention to detail are important, demonstrating the ability to work using own initiative with good organisation and consistency of process adherence.
- Must have excellent fluency in spoken and written English with the ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language.
- You will be motivated to see projects and tasks through to completion.